Franchising is a fantastic way to start and run your own business, it provides you with an opportunity to earn a high income but with the support and backup of the franchisor behind you.
Buying a franchise is probably one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. This guide takes you through all the factors you need to consider and how we can help.
What is franchising
Franchising is a business relationship in which the franchisor (the owner of the business providing the product or service) assigns to independent people (the franchisees) the right to market and distribute the franchisor’s goods or service, and to use the business name for a fixed period of time.
This method is usually known as ‘business format franchising’ and a well-established and proven business format franchise should provide:
- an established market for the franchisor’s
- products or services
- proven sales, marketing and operational procedures
- the benefit of an established business name
- training (ongoing support and help in running the business)
In return, you pay the franchisor an initial franchise fee to ‘buy in’ to the franchise. You will also pay ongoing management service fees. You may also be asked to contribute to national advertising costs.
There are pros and cons involved, the benefits of franchising outweigh the disadvantages.
Consider these benefits:
- The business has already been proven to work. The franchisor and the network of busily trading franchisees are testimony to that.
- You are fully trained in all aspects of the business, and sometimes your business partner and/or key staff receive training too.
- There is an operating system that can be learned and then implemented to the letter, or with a degree of flexibility.
- The brand is established. People recognise it. It’s embedded.
- Marketing tools and ad campaigns are provided, both nationally for the brand and locally for individual franchisees. The majority of franchisors also help franchisees make a major local impact with a publicised launch of the business.
- Franchisees receive ongoing support from good franchisors, delivered via phone, a company intranet, newsletters, and regular visits by a representative from the corporate office, regional meetings and annual conventions.
As a Courier Post franchisee you will have the opportunity to build a successful business with the training, support and experience of an established business behind you. Courier Post has a proven business formula which will form the basis on which your franchise operates.
The other great benefit to owning a successful business is that you could have a valuable asset that you can sell in the future.
Each franchisee is given an exclusive large territory to work within. This means that only you can operate and market within your chosen area.
The size of your area means that you have the opportunity to build a sizeable business over the coming years without being restricted by a small territory which would limit your potential.
Who Are We Looking For to Join Us At Courier Post?
We are looking for hard working individuals with drive, determination to succeed and who enjoy dealing with people. Essentially you must have sales experience and preferably have a good knowledge of the courier and logistics environment. This is a business where you have to be able to go the extra mile to provide the level of service and performance that our clients have come to expect.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and desire to become a Courier Post franchisee then please go to www.courierpostfranchise.co.uk for more information and to download the prospectus.
Alternatively please ring Steve Beales on 0151 423 0222. You can also e-mail him at steve@courier- post.co.uk